Senior Software Engineer - Vizrt
The world is about storytelling. Software is eating the broadcast industry, and it is written by us.
At Vizrt you will be defining how broadcasters produce their content in the future.
We are looking for experienced software developers to join our product development team. At the moment we have open positions on three teams – Multiplay, Pilot and World. We want new colleagues that are willing to learn as we go because you have a cool mindset, adequate skills, good motivation, and a solid dose of curiosity. Your daily tasks will contain every phase of software development from a crazy idea to writing, reviewing and testing the code, to shipping the whole thing. We are not too concerned about what you know today, but more about what you want to learn by tomorrow.
Your skills, education and experience
- Most importantly, you have a profound understanding of the fundamentals of computer science and have an aptitude for learning new tech.
- You have great communication skills.
- You should have some economic sense of how we in R&D add value to the business. It's great to refactor code for the third time, but we need to ship products.
- Master in Computer Science or equivalent is expected, and 5 years relevant experience.
(If you are a junior developer with great skills please reach out to us here)
- Highly skilled colleagues that looks forward to getting to work, every day.
- Interesting tasks! The tools we create are used every day by major broadcasters all over the world, like Fox News and CNN.
- Offices in Media City Bergen - with great office view and flexible hours.
- Sponsored phone, internet and home PC.
- A culture of knowledge sharing, with internal and external presentations, developer exchange programs, and dedicated days for exploring and learning every month.
- Attractive insurance package and pension arrangement.
- Free coffee and lots of exciting weather.
Workplace in Bergen is strongly preferred but our other R&D sites or remote work may be considered.
Would you like to join us? Submit your CV, grade transcript and other relevant documentation to the application. We're going to give you a small programming task as the first part of the process.
Vizrt provides studio automation, asset management tools, real-time 3D graphics and sports analysis tools for the broadcast industry, sport clubs and digital publishers. This includes interactive and virtual solutions, animations, maps, video editing and compositing tools. Vizrt has customers in more than 100 countries worldwide including such as CNN, Vice News, CBS, Fox, the BBC, BSkyB, Al Jazeera, ITN, ZDF, Star TV, CCTV, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, The Washington Post, Expressen, NRK, TV2, BT, UiB and the list keeps growing. This is possible due to 550 engaged and very competent employees in 40 offices around the world. The global headquarter is in Media City Bergen, Bergen, Norway. Read more at www.vizrt.com