Product Marketing Manager
Product Marketing is the central link between three critical organizational groups. Product Management and R&D teams represents one connection, sales, pre-sales, and channels is the second connection, with marketing and brand teams as the third. The chief responsibility of the Product Marketing team is to ensure that the values, ROI, and benefits gained from acquiring our technologies, systems, and solutions, are immediately visible in all marketing, and clearly communicated to all customers and buyer personas as well as to internal stakeholders. A critical deliverable is providing the understanding, succinct value propositions, and useful content in a variety of forms as sales enablement tools.
We are seeking experienced B2B technology marketers passionate about seeing technologies, products and solutions from the customer’s point of view and constructing a marketing strategy built upon solid ProAV market insight and a relentless focus on clarity and accessibility of messaging to an international audience.
This is a rare opportunity to help build a Product Marketing discipline with the organization. Product Marketing Managers will be given the freedom to both build and execute upon best practices processes that translate NewTek product line offerings into value pathways for customers, partners, practitioners, or colleagues.
Possessing both technology and customer/market insight, these roles will play a key part in helping shape the global product/solution strategy for NewTek products by architecting and maintaining a suite of comprehensive product marketing plans and tools that align to the Product Business Plan and the overall business objectives.
Creative communications skills will be necessary in the development, testing, and delivery of outbound messaging, sales tools, and written, video, and audio content. Product Marketing provides empowerment of Sales and Pre Sales teams with the product information, messaging, and training needed to execute on sales strategies.
Main duties and responsibilities
Integrated product marketing plans support and development
- The Product Marketing Manager is accountable for developing and implementing comprehensive and aligned GTM and launch plans with Product Management for new and existing products, solutions, packages, upgrades and technologies
- Constant interaction with the product managers, R&D, sales management and marketing teams to understand, collect and identify new product data, solutions packages and features, integrations with third-parties, and competitive benchmarks.
- Work in tandem with R&D/PM teams to ensure marketing and sales have total awareness of all release schedules and plans.
- Lead with product management and marketing teams in the definition of aligned customer value propositions and go-to-market strategies, including new product introduction, buyer persona creation, maintenance and methods for customer acquisition, customer retention, and win/loss analysis.
- Regular reporting to Head of Marketing Strategy, CMO, and to SVP, Global Product including deliverables through feedback from stakeholders (customers, sales, pre-sales, support…)
- Definition and creation of integrated communication actions and tools in collaboration with Marketing Operations and Content teams.
- Constantly measure and monitor the effectiveness of product marketing programs.
- Where applicable, assist in forecasting performance of marketing programs.
- Assist Demand Generation team to work with the local sales teams on the localisation of centrally created GTM and NPI plans.
- Assist the Head of Marketing Strategy in the creation and execution of robust strategies, processes and campaigns, designed to deliver to the business requirements.
Sales enablement support
- Product Marketing will develop and manage sales enablement material and programs including:
- Empower the sales and presales teams to deliver on their own KPIs.
- Work with NewTek University to ensure that course content accurately represents products, solutions and platforms, and that it represents the message and value propositions of an overall product offering, not only features.
- Create and deliver relevant product information for sales channels and multiple communication tools, translating the specification, features and benefits into value pathways that map to desired customer outcomes.
- Produce and maintain sales support material and collaborate on thought leadership content.
- Define and create relevant demo material in collaboration with Product Management.
- Manage the depiction of the relevant product portfolio across all defined touch points.
- Support the creation of sales kits including customer facing presentation, papers, diagrams, videos, and other tools. Monitor usage and effectiveness, preferably through Salesforce.
- Facilitate channel training including competitive threats via the organisation of sessions and direct communication actions (webinars, business partner meetings).
- Support the creation of demo pitches and scripts for tradeshows and other events.
- Identify and collaborate with customer advocates to identify opportunities for messaging and value propositions improvements.
- Align direct sales and sales channels to purchasing process.
- Identify and create, together with sales and marketing teams, product references for industry and customer referrals (early adopters, use cases).
- Constantly monitor the effectiveness of the product marketing and associated go to market campaigns to analyse and optimise performance.
- Evangelize products internally and externally, staying on top of relevant projects and communicating these to create increased engagement.
Working with the Head of Marketing Strategy, create global market awareness programs including the creation and the delivery of thought leadership content and presentations:
- Create and support writing and producing of thought leadership content such as white papers, website blocks, blogs, press releases, presentations, podcasts, and videos. Develop marketing insight through client engagement and monitoring product awareness activity.
- Deliver thought-leading content via conferences, webinars, discussion panels, press conferences, and interviews to wide audiences.
Core skills and competences
- Extensive experience in technology Product Marketing, preferably in the Media and Entertainment Industry or Broadcast Technology sector
- Experience in the ProAV Industry
- Engineering/IT industry experience
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts and language, and translate into crisp and accessible, outcomes focused information
- B2B Marketing or product orientation/expertise
- Broadcast and media technology/digital media experience and expertise
- Real interest in broadcast technologies and the world of Television, Mobile, and Internet
- Willingness to invest in further knowledge of broadcasting and digital media solutions
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, shares information actively; responds properly, reports on-time; accepts criticism and other opinions, addresses criticism constructively
- Excellent team player and relationship builder
- A natural self-starter, able to operate in complex, matrixed structures
- Ensures constant internal communication between Products, Marketing and Sales groups
- Proactively resolves issues, knows when to, and whom to escalate
- Expresses oneself clearly and concisely in written and oral communications
- Excellent standard of international communication in English, both written and verbal
- Writes in a clear, compelling and concise manner
- Organizes ideas and information logically and sequentially
- Collaborates in the development and production of marketing presentations and videos
- Develops client and sales force feedbacks that are clear, compelling and persuasive
- Assures key information is provided to product and marketing teams regarding client requests with the right level of priorities based on facts and figures