The world is about storytelling. Software is eating the broadcast industry, and it is written by us.
At Vizrt you will be defining how broadcasts look in the future.
Are you an experienced, curious and self-driven software developer? Do you find maps to be fascinating? Viz World is a cartography software used by major media houses around the globe and an integral part of the Vizrt ecosystem offering. We are working to make it even better and now the Viz World team is looking for you!
The challenge involves developing the next product generation using newer web technologies like TypeScript and Vue, where you will be contributing to the technical direction of the product while maintaining and understanding our current server and client applications written in C++ (some with MFC) and C# with WPF in its sunset phase.
Who are you?
- You have been in the software development business for a few years and want to utilize your experience and skills to inspire and mentor the rest of the team. You would typically have a bachelor or master’s in computer science or similar.
- You are comfortable working with the entire software stack, with a slight preference for frontend work. You are not afraid to develop outside your own codebase and comfort zone. You appreciate high quality code.
- You are not afraid to share and discuss your ideas and appreciate listening to others’ ideas. You understand the commercial side of product development.
- You are curious and want to learn. You ask others for help and help others when they ask you. You are excited to share your knowledge with your colleagues.
- You communicate well in English, both written and spoken. More than 60 nationalities work with us, we speak English most of the time.
- Maybe you have previous experience from GIS, QGIS, WMF or WFS or other cartography technologies? This is not a requirement though.
What we offer:
- Varied work with interesting tasks. The chance to see something you have been part of developing in a national or even global broadcast; our products are used daily by major broadcasters all over the world.
- A friendly, competent, and inspiring environment with room for personal development.
- A culture of knowledge sharing, with internal and external presentations, developer exchange programs, and 3 dedicated days for exploring and learning every month.
- Offices in Media City Bergen - with great office views and flexible hours.
- Sponsored phone, internet and home PC.
- Attractive and competitive insurance package and pension arrangement
- Sponsored lunch, free coffee, and lots of exciting weather.
If you find this position interesting and think you have the right qualities to join the team, we would love to talk to you! Please submit your resume and other relevant documentation through our application portal. Note that we will be issuing a small programming test as part of the initial steps of the process.
Workplace in Bergen is strongly preferred but our other R&D sites or remote work may be considered. Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to process candidates outside the EU currently.
Vizrt provides studio automation, asset management tools, real-time 3D graphics and sports analysis tools for the broadcast industry, sport clubs and digital publishers. This includes interactive and virtual solutions, animations, maps, video editing and compositing tools. Vizrt has customers in more than 100 countries worldwide including such as CNN, Vice News, CBS, Fox, the BBC, BSkyB, Al Jazeera, ITN, ZDF, Star TV, CCTV, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, The Washington Post, Expressen, NRK, TV2, BT, UiB and the list keeps growing. This is possible due to 650 engaged and very competent employees in 16 offices around the world. The global headquarter is in Media City Bergen, Bergen, Norway. Read more at www.vizrt.com