Viz Pilot 8.3 Release
The latest version of Viz Pilot is a product release that contains improvements on setup and maintenance as well as several bug fixes.
Viz Pilot is a template-based system for journalists to create, manage, and deliver high volumes of top-quality content. Journalists can plan news, sports, or election productions with state of the art graphics, animations, videos and images; all from an easy-to-use newsroom interface with live preview and a workflow allowing for last minute changes up until air time.
New improvements on Viz Pilot 8.3
- Confirmation dialog added when overwriting shared scene information of a template
- Entries in Viz Pilot DBA errlog table that are more than a week old are now deleted
- The “Save image to file” in Viz Pilot News preview works
- Changes to a MOS item will populate the relevant fields
- Viz Pilot Director GPI triggering of macros is fixed, as is the issue with playlist:start_on_preview and playlist:continue_on_preview
- Very large templates can now be saved to the Graphics Hub database
Additional bug fixes
For details, additional bug fixes and a list of other known bugs, please refer to the Viz Pilot 8.3 release notes on the FTP.