Videos & Screenshots
Broadcast, mobile and web in one seamless workflow
Viz One manages all your content in a central repository. Staff can produce video files for broadcast, mobile, and web in one seamless workflow - with access from their normal PC or Mac desktops.
Viz One is available in several pre-configured packages that allow you to quickly get up and running. Each package targets a specific type of production and multiple packages can be bundled for a single system that handles many different types of production. The Enterprise package is the largest and offers flexibility in system size and workflows.
Viz One enables users across your entire organization to easily find, upload, preview, cut, send, and manage media. The associated tools for cutting and logging are easy-to-use with a minimal learning curve. Our primary application where most tasks can be performed - Studio - is web-based so it may be accessed from any desktop. Our newsroom plug-in sits within your existing iNews, ENPS, or Octopus client, so your journalists will feel right at home.
Viz One sits at the center of your broadcast production. To successfully do this, it integrates with leading third-party newsroom, non-linear editing, transcoding, and storage products. A comprehensive and stable API is available for anyone to build an integration or add-on. This API has been engineered to be backwards compatible, such that any integration built today will be compatible with newer versions of Viz One.
Fast and Scalable
Clip Store Package - Store clips for advanced graphics
The Clip Store provides a central repository of images and video that is tightly integrated with our Viz Engine real-time video and 3D graphics compositing and rendering product. Journalists or operators can easily add full motion high-resolution video clips and images to their live graphics templates. Editorial decisions on what stills and videos to use can be taken at a single interface and are immediately in effect. The Clip Store assets can be organized into collections with consistent metadata, which enables new opportunities such as smart graphics where titles, locations, and other data elements in graphic templates are pre-populated with text from the central repository. The system load balances and automatically transfers files to Viz Engines that need a certain clip or still; thereby providing flexibility with playout in the studio and peace of mind that content is readily available.
• Access clips directly from Viz Pilot or Viz Trio
• Automatic staging of clips to Viz Engine
• Typical system is single server with 4 TB of storage.
Image Store Package - Store images for complex graphics
Like the Clip Store, but for images only. Can be upgraded to a Clip Store with a optional storage and software expansion.
• Access images directly from Viz Pilot or Viz Trio
• Upgradeable to a Clip Store Package
Order Management Package - Organize content creation
Order Management is a natural expansion to the Clip Store that simplifies organization of content creation with native integration directly into your newsroom client. This is beneficial for all sizes of broadcasters, but especially in large media organizations where a central creative department serves many channels and shows. Journalists can easily finish their stories without having to wait for creative assets. Creatives can see the full workload and easily prioritize and assign work. The workload is often presented full screen on a large monitor in the creative department so that everyone can see incoming orders and status. Built on top of Viz Pilot and Viz One, the system uses the plugin and API architectures of these systems, and combines these tools into a central order management system accessible via both a web interface and directly from inside the Newsroom Control System.
• Order media directly from Viz Pilot
• Work lists for the creative team
• Simple drag-and-drop of media directly from the desktop
• Simple software expansion for the Clip Store Package
• Also available for Video Production and Enterprise
Video Production Package - Manage file-based production
The Video Production package provides tools to manage your file-based production. The open and service oriented architecture (SOA) of Viz One ensures that existing and future systems can be integrated with it. As content is brought in, the system generates frame-accurate proxy that can be accessed from any desktop. By using these proxy-based video editing tools, and relying on our web-based interfaces - that all users can access from their desktop - users roles and workflows can easily be adjusted to meet your needs.
All assets are searchable from within seconds of ingest and can be browsed and edited directly on a laptop or desktop using proxy, or on a NLE workstation with high-resolution media. Edit Decision Lists (EDLs) can also be sent from our proxy-based tools to your NLE workstations. The system will automatically manage transfers of media from and between multiple storage pools and tiers, including your LTO-tape archives.
• Frame-accurate proxy-editing for both Windows and Mac desktops
• Support for editing growing files as they ingest
• Integration with Adobe, Apple, and Avid NLEs
• Import material from tapes, feed, and camera cards
• Meta-Graphics which allows placing graphics on a video timeline without burn-in
• Powerful search and configurable metadata
• Open API and Service Oriented Architecture
• Automatic staging of media based on usage
• Typical system is two servers with a 24 TB of storage
Online Package - Extend file-based production for web and mobile
The Online package provides a central repository where video can be produced and prepared for online publication, including - video, graphics, stills and metadata. This enables Online producers to directly open and edit all content from their desktop. Our proxy-based tools and NLE integrations makes production of the online version a snap. Finished content can be published to all devices and platform with the click of a button, or based on rules tied to the user or assets. Video can also be published with particular restrictions that limit who can play it. This is often used for premium content that users have to login or pay for or access from a certain geographic location. Our open API allows for integration with your existing website or web CMS.
The diversity of today’s mobile devices creates the need to display graphics in a way that is easily understandable on every device whether full-screen or part of a video. Vizrt has taken on this challenge by using device detection to assign an appropriate scale and design for the graphics without altering the message. This gives the end user the best possible viewing experience from whatever mobile device they are on.
• Web-based - so producers can publish video from any location
• Single click web and mobile publishing and production of video
• Delivers the best possible user experience on each device thanks to advanced device-detection and adaptation of video and graphics.
• Support unrestricted and restricted premium content including geolocalization
• Support for pre-roll and post-roll advertisements
• Expand your existing Video Production Package
Enterprise Package - Enterprise-scale multi-departmental file-based production
The Enterprise package is a tailored package that offers flexibility in system size and workflows. It includes several Vizrt tools and products, which cover different tasks – from tape ingest and video editing to branding and multi-platform delivery. The solution integrates with leading systems for non-linear editing, scheduling, newsroom, playout, traffic, automation, analytics, and content delivery networks. Several mechanisms, such as the workflow engine, APIs and event-based architecture, ensure smooth integration with your existing third party systems.
• REST-based Media Asset Management API that is stable and well-documented
• Intuitive tools at every desktop for rough-cutting and logging
• Metadata enrichment throughout the content lifecycle, live, post live and from archive
• Configurable metadata and data model across all tools
• High speed multi-language search at every desktop with preview
• Workflow engine to handle orchestration and organization of tasks
• Task lists per user role that organize your production
• Platform designed to be “business responsive” to your changing needs
• Typical system is sixteen servers with 200+ TB of storage
Gateway to all your content
Viz One is a full file-based production system that can also be used as a gateway to your existing Media Asset Management, Digital Asset Management, and Content Management Systems. As a gateway, the editorial staff can search for all their assets through the Viz One interface in their Newsroom Control System. Viz One recognizes all the content stored in existing systems and retrieves that content through search results. This allows the editorial staff to have access to all video content and graphics in a single interface to distribute on-air, online and mobile devices.
The Harvester - Bridging studio and remote
Studio is a HTML5 web-based user interface for Viz One accessible from any desktop. It provides comprehensive access to the media and metadata in Viz One. This includes a fast search interface with easy access to assets. On the asset page, users can preview and edit media and metadata, as well as logs created from the Logger application. Read more
Publisher is a web-based administration interface for transcoders and delivery services. Configuration of new publishing profiles, to determine what transcoding rules should be in effect, can be performed directly in the web-interface. On the content list page, detailed information about all published assets and their state can be viewed and managed. Read more
Logger is a cataloguing tool to organize and add descriptive time-based information to assets in Viz One. The tool is used by loggers, cataloguers, archivists and journalists to add a wide number of different types of information such as archive metadata, compliance notes, edit notes, qc notes, scripts, highlights and subclipping. Read more
Precut is a basic proxy video editing tool that is simple, reliable, effective and fast. It gives all of your staff easy access to browsing, clip selection and EDL creation from their existing Windows desktop without requiring high bandwidth access to media storage. Shotcut™ is the equivalent tool for Mac. Read more
Easycut is a timeline based editing tool that uses proxy video. It enables your staff to use the most important functions of a non-linear editor in one user friendly package that can run on their ordinary Windows desktop without requiring high bandwidth access to media storage. Read more
The Capture utility is a tool for controlling a Video Tape Recorder (VTR) via the Sony 9-pin protocol and video server via VDCP (or particular server specific protocol) to digitize incoming video material. Together with our cost effective video server, Viz Video Engine, this easy-to-use tool provides an efficient workflow for moving tape content to and from Viz One. Read more
Viz One Tech Specs
Media Assessment Management
- Import material from tapes, feed, and camera cards
- Frame-accurate proxy-editing for both Windows and Mac desktops
- High speed multi-language search at every desktop with preview
- Configurable metadata, search, and taxonomies
- Task lists per user role that organize your production
- Metadata enrichment throughout the content lifecycle, live, post live and from archive
- Basic rights management
- VOD and Live transcoding for web and mobile
- Single click transcoding and publishing for web and mobile
- Device-detection and adaptation of video and graphics
- Publishing for restricted premium content including geolocalization
- Pre-roll and post-roll advertisements
- Web-based rough-cut and logging
- Desktop rough-cut and NLE editing
- Meta-Graphics which allows placing graphics on a video timeline without burn-in
- Editing growing files as they ingest
- Media tracking across all editing
- Send EDLs and edit material directly in Adobe, Apple, and Avid NLEs
- Micro-service architecture, utilizing a “many pieces, loosely coupled” approach along with event-driven messaging
- New modules and companion products can be developed independently by third-parties using predictable and tested interfaces to the rest of the system using our Rest-based API
- Uses open standards and formats for maximum interoperability with broadcast systems
- Automatic staging and housekeeping of media based on usage
- Management of files across multiple storages and storage-types, including LTO-libraries
- Access to video clips and stills from Viz Trio and Viz Pilot
- Automatic staging of media to Viz Engine
- Send EDLs and media to Avid Media Composer, Avid Newscutter, Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 and CC, and Final Cut Pro 7 and X
- Tight integration with Akamai pushing files to CDN for distribution
- Media tracking and check-in of material in Avid Interplay
- Remote editing with Adobe Anywhere
- Automatic file QC with Interra Baton
- Transcode files with Harmonic Carbon Coder, Telestream Vantage, and Telestream FlipFactory
- Full support - Includes import, playback, editing, preview where applicable.*
- MXF-Op1a wrapper including re-wrapping
- PAL, NTSC, 720p50, 720p59.94, 1080p23.976, 1080i50, 1080i59.94
- DV, DVCAM, DVCPRO, DVCPRO 50, and DVCPRO HD
- Panasonic AVC-Intra 50 and AVC-Intra 100
- Avid DNxHD 145 and DNxHD 220
- Sony IMX 30, IMX 40, and IMX 50, XDCAM EX, XDCAM HD, and XDCAM HD 422
- Images including JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TGA, TIFF, PBM, PGM and PPM
- Audio including Broadcast Wave Format and Wave PCM/RIFF
- Subtitles including EBU STL, PAC, and SRT
Partial support - Includes import and preview.*
- MXF-Atom including re-wrapping
- Quicktime including re-wrapping
- Apple Quicktime Animation
- Matrox MPEG-2 4224
- Images including PSD
- Documents including DOC, DOCX, ODP, ODS, ODT, PDF, PPT, PPTX, XLS and XLSX
Transcoding support - Includes transcoding to and from. all file formats.*
- Containers including 3G2, 3GP, ASF, AVI, FLV, M4A, M4V, MOV, MP4, MXF, OGG, RM, TS, and VOB
- Compressed video including Cinepak, Flash, H.263, H.264, MJPEG, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Sorenson, Theora, VC1, WMV 7, WMV 8, WMV 9, and XVID
- Compressed audio including AAC, AC-3, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, DV-Audio, MP3, PCM, Real Audio, and WMA
- Internet Explorer 9 or later
- Firefox 21 or later
- Chrome 27 or later
- Windows 7 or later
- Mac OS X v10.9 or later