BOXX Technologies Designs with Broadcast in Mind
BOXX Technologies manufactures workstations and rendering systems for VFX, film & television, game development, architecture, engineering, product design, simulation, higher education, government & defense, medicine, science, and general business industries.
Created with input from major networks and adhering to specific broadcast requirements, the BOXX APPEXX 5R is a dense 3U rack server, optimized for advanced interactive visualizations like mobile on-air graphics and multi-display/video wall applications.
On its main stages at the 2016 NAB Show, Vizrt relied on the APEXX 5R for flawless, continuous operation. As a result of its exceptional performance, major networks are now implementing this solution. APEXX 5R features:
- Superior application performance: dual Intel® Xeon® processors for multi-threaded workflows or an overclocked Intel® Core™i7 for single-threaded tasks requiring higher frequency.
- Up to four GPUs with an additional three slots for essential components like 10 GigE, AJA KONA and RAID controllers.
- Dual redundant power supplies.
- 8-bay hot-swap drive enclosure.
- 24” 3U or ultra-compact 20” deep (air or liquid-cooled) rack models.
- International manufacturing and supply points on multiple continents (with various levels of support).